Via’s mission is to promote independence and self-sufficiency for people with limited mobility by providing caring, customer-focused transportation options.
We envision a future where all people, regardless of age, health, disability, income or ethnicity or sexual orientation have easy access to the mobility options they need to enhance their independence and quality of life.
- We believe all people are entitled to live as independently as possible within their life circumstances.
- We believe freedom of movement is a basic human need in our society.
- We believe everybody counts, regardless of age, health, disability, income, ethnicity or sexual orientation and has a contribution to make to the community in which they live.
- Integrity in all our business dealings.
- Respect for individuals.
- Teamwork and positive problem-solving.
- Caring – for our customers, for our community and for each other.
- Safety first.
Via was established in 1979 as a private, nonprofit organization with initial funding from the Boulder County Commissioners to coordinate an efficient, cost-effective and accessible transportation system for seniors and people with disabilities residing in Boulder County. Since that time, we have grown from an annual budget of less than $50,000 to a multi-county, multi-program, multi-million dollar budget. Via provides transportation and mobility options in 19 communities in five counties in Colorado.