Being a Seasonal Bus Driver has its Advantages
You will work with other dedicated professionals who share your passion for helping individuals in need. We offer:
- A fun and supportive environment where we care about all of our employees- you are not just a number!
- A role where you can interact and make a difference in a life
- Flexible scheduling – full time or part time scheduling options
With summer approaching, Via needs drivers on the weekends and holidays from Memorial Day to Labor Day to help operate routes supporting Eldorado Springs, Park-to-Park, and Chautauqua Concert series.
Hours that are available include:
- Eldorado Springs – weekends
- 7 Morning shifts approximately 7:00 am to 1:30 pm (6.5 hours)
- 7 Evening shifts approximately 1:00 pm to 7:30 pm (6.5 hours)
- Park-to-Park -weekends
- 4 Morning shift approximately 7:00 am to 2:00 pm (7 hours)
- 4 Evening shift approximately 1:30 pm to 8:30 pm (7 hours)
- Chautauqua Concert Series – any day of the week, varies
- 2 CDL Bus Evening shift approximately 5:30 pm to 11:00 pm (6.5 hours)
- 1 Non-CDL Bus Evening shift approximately 5:30 pm to 8:30 pm (3 hours)
The starting pay for this position is $31/hour without a CDL and $32/hour with a CDL
- Must be at least 21 years of age
- High School Diploma/GED
- Must possess a valid Colorado Commercial Driver’s License Class B or higher with Passenger Endorsement
- If do not posses CDL, must posses valid Colorado Driver’s License and have prior paratransit driving experience
- Must have previous driving experience
- Be able to work independently
- Sustain a positive rapport with the general public and passengers
- Must possess or be able to obtain and maintain a valid DOT Medical Examiners certificate
- Must pass a DOT and job skills physical, random drug testing and ongoing Motor Vehicle Records Checks
- Must be available to attend at least 8 hours of training
Keywords: Truck Driver, Transportation, DOT, motor coach, transit bus driver, school bus, shuttle driver
- Paid Training!
- Competitive wages
- Employee Assistance Program
- Access to Pet Insurance discounts
- Special employee-only discounts
- Credit Union Memberships
- Public Service Loan Forgiveness (PSLF) Program
Click here to learn more about why we are a great place to work.
About Via Mobility Services
We are a vibrant, accomplished nonprofit with a culture built on four key values – teamwork, honesty, integrity, and a passion for helping others.
Via team members have a common goal: to provide our clients with mobility and transportation options that enhance the quality of life, self-sufficiency, and access to the community. Since 1979, Via has helped tens of thousands of older adults and people with disabilities live more independent lives. We also serve our community through volunteer driver training programs, disability awareness education and advocacy, human service collaborations and partnerships, community transit offerings, and contracting capabilities.
Via is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer (EEO).