In an ever-evolving landscape, Via Mobility Services stands as a pillar of long-term sustainability, offering more than just transportation services. We are a beacon of empowerment, ensuring access, independence, and self-sufficiency for people with limited mobility in Colorado since 1979.
Revolutionizing Mobility Through Transit Service Contracts
Via Mobility Services’ commitment to sustainability goes beyond caring for the environment; we are devoted to financial stability, too. Since 1994, as a nonprofit, we have used a social enterprise business model that leverages earned-income transit service contracts to diversify our revenue sources. This approach enhances our effectiveness and creates robust revenue streams to support Via’s Founding Mission Services without relying solely on donations and grants.
Via partners with a variety of agencies, city governments, and organizations to fill in transportation gaps and expand options for Coloradans throughout the state. Whether serving urban or rural areas, we help residents of all abilities get where they need to go while lessening impacts on the environment. As a private nonprofit, we are nimble and can respond quickly to transportation needs.
Via-Operated Transit Services
Via Mobility Services currently operates several transportation services under contract with Colorado businesses and municipalities. At the heart of this sustainable wheel are our two primary earned-income contracts – the City of Boulder’s HOP public bus and RTD’s FlexRide. These projects foster financial health and incubate a growth-oriented landscape for our Founding Mission Services (Via Paratransit and Mobility Options). With Via, profitability meets philanthropy, creating a triple bottom line focused on people, planet, and profit.
- Carbon Valley: This service helps people with disabilities and anyone with low-to-medium income ride within and between Dacono, Firestone, Frederick, Erie, and Boulder County.
- Eldo Shuttle: The Eldo Shuttle carries passengers from Boulder and Superior to Eldorado Canyon State Park and several trailheads free of cost. Available on weekends and holidays in the summer and fall.
- HOP 2 Chautauqua: This free, HOP-run service provides rides to and from Chautauqua Park during the Colorado Music Festival and Chautauqua Summer Series events.
- Littleton Omnibus: The Omnibus is an appointment-based transportation service assisting older adults and people with disabilities in Littleton. The pandemic caused the city to pause Omnibus operations. In 2021, Via began operating the service.
- Lyons Flyer: The Lyons Flyer offers free commuter service between Lyons and Boulder along U.S. 36. Available Monday through Friday, it operates three daily round trips during morning and afternoon rush hours.
- Park-to-Park: The HOP-run Park-to-Park shuttle provides satellite parking and free shuttle service to and from Chautauqua Park on summer weekends and holidays. The service creates a better visitor experience and reduces the impacts of cars on nearby neighborhoods and the environment.
- Ride Free Lafayette: This free, on-demand, door-to-door bus service connects people to places in Lafayette.
- The Climb: The Climb connects residents of western Boulder County’s mountain towns with community resources and public transportation in the urban corridor.
Our Triple Bottom Line: People, Planet, Profit
Via Mobility Services is more than a transportation agency. We are community nurturers, continually enhancing our Founding Mission Services and reinforcing a commitment to the communities we serve. Our goal is simple–foster a landscape where mobility is not a privilege but a right accessible to all, regardless of physical abilities.
We design our services with the environment in mind. Our strategic approach to mobility solutions not only reduces our carbon footprint as we work toward converting our fleet into 100% renewable-energy-powered vehicles but also elevates the quality of life for the people of Colorado, making the planet a better place, one ride at a time.
As a nonprofit, Via invests every dollar earned through our contracts back into the community. Our financially sustainable model ensures that revenue from contract services enhances our mission services, nurturing the well-being of thousands of people relying on Via’s accessible transportation services every year.
Via’s Strengths as a Transit Operator
- Founded in 1979: A recognizable brand committed to empowering individuals with limited mobility.
- Transit Contract Services: The heart of Via’s sustainable operations, funding many initiatives that make transportation accessible to all.
- Community-centric Programs: Initiatives such as Late Night Transit routes for CU students and the HOP 2 Chautauqua program are a testament to Via’s commitment to the community.
- People First: Via’s transit services are accessible for everyone who wants to ride, regardless of age or ability.
- Training and Fleet Maintenance: Leveraging expertise to offer award-winning, best-in-class training and maintenance services, promoting safety, and enhancing skills.
Hire Via to Operate a Transit Service
“Via’s not just a transportation organization, it’s a community-building organization providing critical services and dignity for people who want to get around on their own.”
Dennis Paul, Vice President of Government Affairs and Strategic Partnerships, Elevations Credit Union
Via’s shuttles and professional divers are at your service – available for hire on an hourly basis. Whether we’re needed for a one-time special event or an ongoing service, we can support a variety of transportation needs. Our fleet of wheelchair-accessible vehicles can comfortably accommodate up to 26 passengers, ensuring an inclusive ride for all.
Get started on a safe, sustainable, and responsible journey by contacting Via’s Founding Mission Services Manager today:
- Email ddolan@ViaColorado.org
- Call 303.447.2848 ext. 1012