Title II – Americans with Disabilities (ADA) Act
Via’s Paratransit service is provided to individuals who have short- or long-term disabilities, including being qualified with an assessed disability, unable to independently ride a bus, get on/off a bus, or get to/from a bus stop. Individuals do not need to prove their disability status to request a ride from Via.
Via follows guidelines established by the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990.
- Read Via’s Title II – ADA Policy (English)
- Política del Título II Acta de Estadounidenses con Discapacidades (Spanish)
Via has a grievance procedure to meet the requirements of the ADA. It may be used by anyone who wishes to file a complaint alleging discrimination on the basis of disability in the provision of services, activities, programs or benefits by Via.
- Read Via’s Title II Grievance Procedure Americans with Disabilities Act (English)
- Título II Procedimiento de Quejas Ley de Estadounidenses con Discapacidades (Spanish)
Title VI – Civil Rights
Title VI and Other Discrimination
Anyone who believes they have been discriminated against by Via on the basis of race, color, or national origin (ancestry) (Title VI), or on the basis of religion (creed), gender, gender expression, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, military status, or any other status under applicable local, state, or federal law may file a Title VI and Other Discrimination Complaint Form. Via investigates all complete complaints received no more than 180 days after the alleged incident.
- Read Via’s Title VI and Other Discrimination Plan (English)
- Read Via’s Title VI Notice (English)
- Título VI Título VI Aviso Público (Spanish)
- Formulario De Reclamo De Titulo VI (Spanish)
Please read Via’s Title VI and Other Discrimination Plan for more information about filing a complaint.