Firestone’s Paratransit Service is Expanding!
The Town of Firestone recently received a grant that will expand operating hours and open this service to those who qualify as Low-Moderate* income.
Starting Monday, August 16, 2021, Via’s Paratransit service in Firestone will be available Monday through Friday, 8:00 am – 3:00 pm.
This service, funded by the Town of Firestone, is available to residents who reside within the Town of Firestone.
DO I QUALIFY?
- You must live within the Town of Firestone.
- You must be 60 years old or older, have a disability, or qualify as low income. Residents with a temporary disability qualify for this service.
- *Low-Moderate income: The current household income qualifications are no more than the following amounts based on the number of persons within the household:
Source: HUD, 2020, 80% Area Median Income for Weld County – Income numbers may be adjusted annually
WHERE CAN I GO?
- This service is available Monday through Friday from 8:00 am – 3:00 pm.
- Via can take you almost anywhere you’d like to go, including medical appointments, therapy, grocery stores, social events, senior centers, adult day programs, employment, and more.
- Via can also pick up and deliver pre-paid grocery orders within the Town of Firestone.
- Service is available within the Town of Firestone and between Firestone and Frederick, Dacono, Boulder, Longmont, or Lafayette. Service between communities may be limited to certain days.
HOW DO I GET STARTED?
- It starts with a call! To register to use this service, contact Via’s Mobility Specialists at 303-444-3043.